Since many years now, EMPIRE has been one of the leading 3D electromagnetic field simulator based on the powerful 3D Finite Difference Time Domain Method (FDTD). Due to its unique XPU technology is the performance of EMPIRE superior compared to most other EM solvers.
The outstanding features of the new version are:
Easily create and edit sophisticated models in 3D. The 3D design mode allows intuitive modelling and supports unlimited local coordinate systems and complements the 2D design mode with superior editing functionalities for planar multilayer designs.
Further new features include:
- Local coordinate systems (LCS)
- Faster modelling kernel with less memory usage for import, visualization, meshing
- Debye model creation based on tabular data
- Off-axis RLC elements
- Equations for parameters
- Extended source, object and template libraries
- Broadband far field recording
- Far field browser with arbitrary cut planes
- NUMA support for multi CPU machines
- Frequency dependent magnetic materials
- New tutorials for 3D design
- New demo videos on You Tube